Bubblewrap is one of the traditional packaging supplies, as it offers manufacturers and retailers a protective layer for fragile items.
We stock bubblewrap in 2 sizes of bubble (10mm diameter and 25mm diameter). Furthermore there is an easy-tear version which rips in a straight line across the bubbles, therefore making it quick and easy to dispense without cutting.
Due to it’s extra thick backing, Mono film is ideal for glass, bottles, jars, furniture, ironwork and such items that need extra protection; however, it will need a knife to cut it. As a result, we have found Mono film can actually use 30% less material than standard bubblewrap in some situations, whilst not reducing protection.
Know your bubble size!
Large Bubble (25mm): Larger bubbles give more protection and is ideal for ceramic or glass-based products.
Small Bubble (10mm): Smaller bubbles are the standard bubble size, ideal for use on all items that need protecting.
The main advantages of using bubblewrap as a packaging product are:
- Endless fun for kids (and adults!) Who doesn’t love popping the bubbles?
- It is an affordable option for filling up voids.
- Bubble Wrap offers a sufficient level of protection for fragile items, with two bubble sizes allowing flexibility in the level of protection according to what is required.
- Bubblewrap can be put to use many times as long as it is in good condition, which is not always possible with other void fill materials.
- It doesn’t add a great deal of extra bulk to a package, if wrapped correctly.
- Bubblewrap is very versatile, making it ideal for interleaving, wrapping and cushioning breakable or easy damaged items.
To find out more regarding the pros & cons of plastic vs paper void fill products, click here.